The length of time needed for Self-study and production of the Report will vary with the stage of development and organizational maturity of each school.
The steps of the Self-study and Peer Review process are as follows:
- Affirmation from the Alliance Executive Committee of the school’s commitment and readiness to embark on the process with assistance from the Membership Process Coordinator and/or mentor school.
- Self-Study, based upon each of the Alliance Core Principles, is a community-wide self-reflective process, which leads to an initial action plan for further development.
- Feedback is given on the draft Self-Study with a review of documentation and request for any supporting information by mentor school, Alliance Membership Process Coordinator and/or Alliance Executive Committee or delegated staff member.
- Site Visit by a group of peers from other schools includes observations / interviews / conversations and culminates in sharing of perceptions and a Report with Preliminary Recommendation by the Site Visit Team.
- Proposed Action Plan based on findings of self-study and site visit, to be developed more fully and submitted to the Executive Committee or delegated staff.
- Final Approval by the Alliance Board based upon the Alliance Membership Review Committee Recommendation with Finalized Action Plan
- Award of Public WaldorfSM sub-license – only at the Full Member level.
Members are provided with the Alliance Membership Process Handbook and support during the Self-study and Peer Review process.For more information contact: